Privacy policies go hand in hand with the terms and conditions of Berkeley Psychiatrists Ltd, and you can retrieve them via our Terms and Conditions page.
Data: These are materials or information obtained through the website (operating as Berkeley Psychiatrists) via submission by users of the website. Where relevant this terminology is bound by the translations present in the Data Protection Laws;
Cookies: These are data blocks placed by the servers of this particular website in the course of one navigating through selected areas and features within the website. Detailed information of the relevant cookies provided by the said website is stipulated in the following clause (Cookies):
Data Protection Laws: These are regulations within the metrics of confidentiality involving data, information or material that is of personal nature that incorporates the 96/46/EC Directive (Data Protection Directive) but is neither restricted by this directive nor the GDPR and any laws and regulations that are national or secondary as long as the GDPR is still in place.
GDPR: The General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679
Berkeley Psychiatrists Ltd (operating as Berkeley Psychiatrists).
Berkeley Psychiatrists Ltd is an enterprise operating in England registered as 12615761 and registered at C/O Francis Clark Llp Melville Building East, Royal William Yard, Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom, PL1 3RP
The Cookie Law of the EU and the UK: This refers to the confidentiality regulations enacted by the 2003 Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations. These amendments were adjusted in 2011.
User or You: This third party has an access to the website. They are individuals (i) who are not employed by Berkeley Psychiatrists Ltd (ii) who provide services to Berkeley Psychiatrists Ltd or engage in consultancy services.
Website: The following is the link to the webpage: https://mentalhealthonline.clinic and the relevant sub-domains unless locked out of them due to the terms and conditions of the domain.
1. The singular state of an item encompasses its multiple states and vice versa.
3. The term persons include firms, government institutions, partnerships, and companies.
4. The term, “limitations” denotes that issues or subjects are not constrained.
5. Any referrals made contained in statutory laws include amendments of the said law or provision.
6. The titles and subtitles are not encompassed in this confidentiality policy.
The application of this policy is concerning the undertaking of the third party and the company Berkeley Psychiatrists Ltd (operating as Berkeley Psychiatrists). However, its scope is limited to this particular website and does not apply to foreign websites accessed via this domain which are not constrained to social media domains only.
Berkeley Psychiatrists Ltd (operating as Berkeley Psychiatrists) in the course of administration of Data protection law can be viewed as the entity that controls data. The implication of this is that Berkeley Psychiatrists Ltd (operating as Berkeley Psychiatrists) determines the data processing mode obtained from the user.
Data obtained might be personal and can be categorized as follows:
1. The Name of the User
2. Year of Birth
4. Job Position
6. Email Contact and Phone number
7. P.O. Box
9. Debit and Credit Card Details
10. System automated collection of IP addresses and the type of web browsers
12. The websites that you visit, activities and reference URLs.
The following ways are used to collect data:
1. Data keyed in by external users of the website; that is non-employees and non-consultants.
2. Data received from external sources other than the primary users.
3. Automated data; that is data received automatically because of the use of the website.
Berkeley Psychiatrists Ltd (operating as Berkeley Psychiatrists) uses various means and modes to collect data. These methods include:
1. When you visit our site, contact us through email, and phone, or through any electronic means.
2. When signing up for our services and products.
3. Data is obtained as well from responses from research surveys sent out by the company in a bid to conduct various researches needed by the organization.
4. Information is obtained in the event customers or users enrol for certain online competitions and promotions via our social channels.
5. We collect data when you make online payments and transfers made using our web page.
6. Data is collected when users opt to receive communications from the organizations relating to marketing their products and services.
7. When a user opts to use the company’s services information is obtained from their use as well.
Berkeley Psychiatrists Ltd (Operating as Berkeley Psychiatrists) will receive information about the user from external sources who are commonly referred to as third parties as recommended for the provision of services. These parties include pharmaceutical companies, NHS/GP clinics and other practitioners.
Data obtained from third parties that are in the public domain.
The organization might obtain data of various users that are in the public domain which are sourced from third parties.
Data is obtained automatically from systems and web pages.
By using this particular web page data is obtained automatically. For instance:
1. Information concerning the activities of the user during their usage of the website is automatically obtained. The organization uses information automatically obtained from web visits to make it easier for clients or users to navigate and consume quality content through improvements suggested and facilitated by the company. Examples of information obtained include the users IP address, the frequency of visits made by the user in terms of the day, specific dates and number of visits within a particular period or day.
2. Data obtained automatically is done so through Cookies this is following one browser setting involving Cookies. To learn more about how Cookies are used scroll down through the heading highlighted Cookies.
Data obtained from the users and other external sources are resourceful to the organization in their bid to offer better services and memorable experiences in the course of one navigating through the company’s website. The said data as well as other uses as is seen below.
1. The company uses data to update their data internally.
2. The company uses this data to adjust the quality of its products and services.
3. Data obtained as well is resourceful to users who opt to obtain communications regarding marketing that is of interest to them. This is mostly channelled through emails.
4. This data set as well is resourceful when the company seeks to conduct various researches within the market. The research proposals and surveys are sent out using email, fax and telephone addresses of the users. The information obtained from these interactions can be used in customizing the company’s products and services to suit individual users.
5. The company can use the data obtained for genuine reasons, which fall within the interest of the company, and the process is considered a necessity. However, if users are not satisfied they have the privilege to object within the realm of certain clauses as seen below in the heading, “The Rights of the Users”.
Clients can receive marketing information from the company directly through their email addresses using two options, one being the opt-in option and the second being the soft-opt-in option.
The legal implication of signing up for the company’s products and services is that the contract between the company and the user is based on performance and the procedures the user has gone through to be in such a contract.
Data obtained is used in showcasing advertisements and external content to the users and Berkeley Psychiatrists Ltd (operating as Berkeley Psychiatrists). In this case, one does not have interest in the advertisements and external contents; one possible option is to switch off cookies that are applicable in this case. (Kindly go through the section with the heading Cookies in the section below)
1. There are two types of consent when it comes to marketing one being soft opt-in. This is where clients automatically accept to be sent for communications from the marketing department of products and services offered by the company based on past interactions with these said clients. (For instance, clients who qualify for soft opt-in are those who have engaged the company before with regards to the particulars of certain products and services. The company assumes the engagement is a form of consent unless the user chooses to opt-out.
2. The company considers the need to obtain the ultimate consent when engaging in other types of e-marketing, which involve options such as giving a positive response to the boxes that are provided by the company during this interaction.
3. In the event a user is not satisfied with the take the company is using to conduct their marketing they have a right to disengage by denying the company consent to send them these communications from the marketing team. This is explained in the rights of the user's section.
We share your data with the following groups of people:
1. Data is shared with the company’s partners and associates to administer the business and the web pages effectively.
2. Data is shared amongst the companies’ workers and consultants in a bid to obtain professional advice concerning running the business.
3. The company shares data with third parties to ensure the smooth running of the business as these third parties act on behalf of the organization.
4. Data is shared with third parties who rely on online platforms for transactions. The data will be useful in the processing of payments and refunding users in case of miscommunication or error.
5. Data is availed to law enforcers in a bid to reduce crime by detecting criminal activities as well as detecting those who engage in tax evasion practices.
6. Data is shared by third parties especially law enforcers and clinicians in the case of an emergency.
Data is kept safe using two-measure: organizational and technical. These encompass:
1. User accounts are safeguarded with controlled login digits and user names that are specific to an individual user.
2. The company has its database stored in both internal and external servers.
3. The organization uses SSL software to safeguards the payment details of the user.9this implies that the user should look out for an address bar on their screen that is green or a symbol of a key lock to identify the presence of the software.
The two measures used in securing data as well address the element of a breach in data. If a client of the organization suspect that their data has been misused, is lost or is in the hands of people they don’t consent with they are free to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Users are as well encouraged to read and obtain information from the Get Safe Online platform whose website goes by www.getsafeonline.org.The online platform receives support from the HM government as well as other renowned businesses that promote the idea of cyber security.
2. As much as data is deleted, the backup system automatically retains this data for legal and regulatory reasons.
Users have the following authority over their personal information obtained by the company.
2. Users as well have the privilege of updating their data in case of an error or change of some sort.
3. Users as well enjoy the right to be heard in that they are in a position to ask their data be erased from the company’s servers.
4. Users have the right to limit how the company uses their data.
5. Clients have the right to request the transfer of their details.
6. Clients have a right to refuse the company the privileges’ of using their personal information for their gains even if it is within the legal scope of the company or contract.
Users are as well advised to channel their complaints to relevant legal bodies in the case where they are dissatisfied with the response the company has made concerning their rights regarding their data. Such bodies include Information Commissioners Office (ICO). Relevant addresses and contact numbers can be obtained via the website https;//ico.org.uk/.
Users are as well are requested and encouraged to update their data with current information within the period the organization is required to retain it.
1. Users should be aware of the fact that the data obtained by the company might be shared with foreign associates, partners and group companies because they are located outside the European Economic Zone, implying that the servers to be used are situated outside the country.
2. The transfer of this data to foreign servers will be done in compliance with the clause within the EU-US privacy shield framework or the European Commission, which will ensure the security of the data.
3. Measures have also been put in place, which complies, with the data protection laws in the case where the company has to share data with third parties that are in foreign regions.
The company’s web page may occasionally lead the users to external web pages, which are beyond the scope of the company, as it has no power to neither control the contents of these websites nor regulate them. Therefore, users are encouraged to read and go through the privacy policies of these external websites before interacting with them.
2. The company as well will be obliged to display its retained data to potential buyers and business associates.
3. In the case where the two scenarios above take place measures will be put in place to ensure that the data obtained is secured.
2. The Cookies used within this website will comply with the current regulations and legislation in the EU and UK.
3. Before using the Cookies created by the company websites users have the option of giving their consent in regards to the use f these cookies by their browsers. The implication of giving consent is that the user will experience better quality service in terms of the company’s products and services. Poor experience is seen by users who decline these cookies by Berkeley Psychiatrists Ltd (Trading as Berkeley Psychiatrists )
4. Berkeley Psychiatrists may provide the options of these set of cookies:
1. Cookies that are considered as a necessity this implies that the company will provide cookies that will safeguard users during their login procedures as well as other areas through their course of navigating the website such as payment modes and shopping pushcarts.
2. The second type of cookie used by the company is that which allows the company to analyse the frequency of the user visiting the website and how they navigate through it. The benefit of this is that it improves the quality of services offered by the organization.
3. The third type of cookie involves that of functions. This allows the website to keep the memory of the users browsing activities within the web page hence gives room for customizing services offered by the company through suggesting preferences of the users based on their past browsing history. (For instance, one preferred linguistics or area.)
4. The fourth type of cookie is that involving targets. The cookie allows the website to retain the memory of the links and pages users have navigated into through the course of using the company’s website. The company uses it to customize its advertisements to meet the user's preference. Data collected during this process might be relayed to third parties for the purposes mentioned above.
5. Users as well have the option of enabling and disabling the cookie options on their browsers some cookies are as well present by default. In the case, one needs assistance with this they should seek help from the relevant menus within their browsers.
6. Users as well have the option of deleting cookies. However, this will reduce the efficiency in which they can navigate the website but is not limited to customized settings.
7. If the user is green on issues regarding the privacy setting of their browsers they are encouraged to contact the developer of that particular browser. It is recommended that user update their browsers now and then.
8. If one needs extra information especially in regards to disabling cookies they are required to visit aboutcookies.org. Users will as well learn how to remove cookies from their computer systems.
1. The company does not allow users to transfers their rights within this contract to third parties however, the company can transfer their rights within the scope of data protection laws to third parties.
3. In the case of either party delaying in exercising their duties as stipulated in this contract then the remedy provided will not erase the fact that there was a breach unless all parties concur with the decision to waiver.